Diploma in Registered General Nursing
Entry is by application according to Ministry of Health requirements and the following admission guidelines:
Age: 18 – 35years
Aggregate: SSSCE OR WASSCE with an aggregate score of 24 or 36 respectively or better in 6 subjects, comprising:
Core subjects and minimum grades: A1-C6 in WASSCE OR A-D in SSSCE in all three core subjects; that is English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
Elective subjects and minimum grades:
At least passes (A1 - C6 in WASSCE) OR (A-D in SSSCE) in any three elective subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics, French, Food and Nutrition, Management in Living, General knowledge in Arts, Geography, Government, Economics, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Literature in English and General Agriculture.
International students who hold equivalent qualifications will require interpretation of their results by the West African Examination Council.
Applicants who want admission to study at Redeemer College of Health will be required to go through the under listed procedure:
1. Applicant should purchase application forms either from the School or designated points of
2. Completed application forms together with relevant attachment will be submitted by the applicant to the School
3. Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview
4. Only deserving applicants will be admitted to commence the programme
Additional information on Registered General Nursing
A general nurse is a nurse who has graduated from a nursing program and met all the requirement outlined by a country, state or similar government authorized licensing body to obtain a nursing license. A registered general nurse is a nurse who had extensive training and passed examination enabling him or her to perform all nursing services.
Registered general nursing is for student with strong academic backgrounds, attitude of curiosity and injury, as well as a genuine interest in caring for diverse people of all ages. Redeemer College of health plays a vital role in the healthcare system. These are some of the advantages of becoming a nurse:
- They are highly respected due to the amount of knowledge that they hold.
- In order for a nurse to be successful, they must use their knowledge as a resource to keep the departments functioning.
- When a patient is provided with a fully equipped staff there is much less room for error as there are enough nurses to properly rotate through the patients rooms.
- As the number of nurses increases, the quality of life for the patient’s increases as well.
Having a full staff can also help give the patient confidence that they are being properly cared for and it allows them to feel comfortable and safe.
Registered nurses can work in variety of settings including hospitals and physicians offices.